Saturday, June 4, 2011

Sweet Sketch Wednesday #104

Hello All! I can't believe that I have made an appearance two weeks in a row! Hopefully I am back to those things that I enjoy and that the dust will settle with all the busy things of life. School is almost out. We only have four more days! I can't believe that we are finally there. This has definitely been a tough year. A lot of changes at my school, having a baby, and then losing a student. What an emotional year! I am so grateful, though, for the chance to have taught her. She was in my class when I taught 1st grade and then for 2nd grade. She was a sweetie!

There has also been a lot of births, or soon to be births - which is such a blessing to many families. That is why I decided to create this card:






This is a freebie image from Bugaboo and I just fell in love with it right away. It's called AKV BB Stork.

This is what I used:

Copics: B14, YG03, Y15, RV11, E00, G28, B29, W5, and W3

Papers: DCWV Card Stock Stack

DCWV Nana's Nursery Baby Boy

DCWV Flower Shower Spring Pack

Hand and Foot Brads: Recollections from Michael's



I also made this card...I thought that he was too cute to pass up on!



He was also a freebie a while back from Bugaboo. He's called BeachMsand. Here is what I used:

Copics: RV11, E33, E09, YR24, E37, and G21

Papers: DCWV Card Stock Stack

DCWV The Stack 6

Buttons: Affinity - The Paper Studio bought at Hobby Lobby


I am entering these cards on Sweet Sketch Wednesday. They always have such wonderful sketches and ideas. You should go check them out!!! I hope that you enjoyed my cards and I would love to read your comments!

Posted by Picasa

9 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, Erika. Both of your cards are absolutely the cutest. I love your stork card. Your papers are so cute and I love the brads. Such a perfect combination. Your monkey card just makes me smile. Well done. It is so nice that you got a little break from your hectic life and were able to join us.
    Hugs, mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Erika (waving a big hello to ya!)
    Oh my these are two of the most cutest cards ever!! Love the stork with the perfect baby boy papers and the perfect little brads. Just absolutely adorable!! Mr. Sand Monkey is a cutie too and great papers to set the beach scene. Fanastic cards!! Hope you get some rest this summer and just be able to kick back and enjoy those precious little ones.
    Good to have you join us and hope you will visit more during the summer months ahead.

    Hugs to you hun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Erika! Both cards are just adorable! Bugaboo Stamps are so easy to work with. You did such a perfect job matching up the papers and embellishments to the images. Thanks so much for playing at Sweet Sketch Wednesday.

    Deanne :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both of these are too cute and so fun! Love the colors and embellishments! Thanks so much for joining us at Sweet Sketch Wednesday.

    Peace & Luv,
    Jeannie

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun sweet cards Erika. I am loving the images. Your papers are so sweet. Glad your playing along and things are more back to normal. Have a sweet week. Arlana@SSW!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What adorable cards Erika! You seem to find the absolutely perfect papers to suit your images and these cards are great examples of that. They're both so darn cute! Thanks for joining us at Sweet Sketch Wednesday again!
    Sharon, SSW-DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Erika, so glad you've had the time to join us this week, I didn't realise you are working with the baby as well so you are very busy. I do love both of your cards this week aren't these Bugaboo images wonderful I love them all and can never make up my mind which one I like the best especially when Jodi is sponsoring us. Both your cards are great and I just adore all of your embellishments. Great job, thanks so much for sharing your card with us at Sweet Sketch Wednesday this week and good luck.
    Kathie SSW-DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow Erika, you have been a busy stamper! Both cards are over the top adorable!!!! Love the hand and foot brads of the first one, and the image and promise of a beach vacation of the second! Thanks for joining us at SSW.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello Erika, So nice to have you play again. Glad you are nearly finished with school. And that you can relax a bit. Both of your cards are soooooo cute. I really love that Stork image! Makes such a cute baby card! Have a great summer with your two little ones.
    Hugs, Judi

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog. I really appreciate your comments.