Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Sweet Sketch Wednesday #65 - Bugaboo

Wow! September already! I am so glad that the first couple of weeks of school are over. Things started okay, but I do have a student that is really testing my patience. He's new to our school this year and is having a really hard time adjusting. He spend almost his whole year on a computer last year and now he has to work hard...we'll see how things go...
Things are pretty crazy this week: celebrating my 30th birthday (Yikes!) and going camping this weekend...it should be fun. Also have to say that my husband and I are expecting our 2nd child. Still in my first trimester, but feeling pretty good. Needless to say, with work and all that we have this week, I am going to be really busy!
Anyway, enough babbling...we have a great sponsor this week: Bugaboo Stamps. Jodie has a lot of fun images and she is offering a super prize to our winner. She will give 7 digi stamps to our winner, which is a value of $21! Wow!


So, here is our fabulous sketch to follow that Arlana has put together for us. You should hop on over to Sweet Sketch Wednesday and see what the other DT members have created and play along!


Well, here's my card. I hope that you like it.

This image is called Moon Babies - Night Night. I used my Copics (Y13, Y11, RV11, C3, C1, E00, B32, and B14) to color the image. I just fell to pieces when I saw it. The cardstock is from both The Paper Company - Seaside pack and DCWV The Cardstock Stack. The DP's come from DCWV Flower Shower Spring Stack. The ribbon is from Target's $1 bin and the brads I found at Michael's. I bought the button in a pack from Jo-Ann's. Hope you all have a great week!

Posted by Picasa

10 comments:

  1. Awh Erika!!!! Congratulations to you both! What an exciting week for you. Happy Birthday too, hope you have a fantastic weekend celebrating. Your card is adorable and very appropriate for your news. :-D Don't let that kid get to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats!! How exciting for your family! And happy birthday too!!

    Such an adorable card. I have been tempted to get this image as it just doesn't get any cuter than this!! Love the brad and button combo.

    Deanne :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Erika, Your card is adorable! Perfect color combo and I love those little hand and feet brads! By the way, Happy BirthdaY!!! Have a great one tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday, Erika! Have a great weekend celebrating. Your baby card couldn't be cuter. I love the button you used with the little feet! Congrats on the announcement of your new little one. I will be happy to be another great aunt! Looking forward to Rachelle's little one that will be here real soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Erika, Happy Birthday, your just so young I wish I was 30 again. And Congratuations on the new baby when are you due??? I love your card this week super cute image love the colours and the embellishments. Don't let this new kid give you a hard time he's trying you to see if you give in DON'T!!! let him know who boss and be strict on him. Boys need routine and authority and to know who's boss and they thrive on it, if he sees that you have a weak spot he'll whined you up. Keep your chin up and enjoy your weekend away.
    Hugs
    Kathie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh,CONGRATULATIONS Erika, how exciting a new little one and your card is fabulous for such an annoucement!! I adore this image and you did an awesome job with your coloring and picking the perfect papers. That button with the feet and hand brad is too precious!! Oh I just love babies!!! I got to have my 9 month gs all day today and had a blast chasing him all over the house!!
    Happy Birthday too and have a fun weekend camping!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yeahhhh....a new little person on the way, how exciting! Congrats to you and happy birthday too! This is a very cute card and I love that button!

    Peace & Luv,
    Jeannie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats Erika!!! Such wonderful news!!! Happy Birthday too! Mine was this week also...but I'm not 30!!! Haha!! Anyway, your card is simply adorable! Such a sweet little baby image. Have a great weekend camping.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  9. Woohoo! A new baby, so exciting! CONGRATULATIONS!!! I Love your card the buttons are very sweet & I hope you have a fab 30TH Birthday :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog. I really appreciate your comments.